Clean and Cool Mission 2012 is a competition-led trade Mission to identify and help accelerate the very best of the UK’s Clean and Cool businesses.
These companies are developing the new technologies, services and business models that address our greatest environmental, energy and resource challenges. They also offer the potential to become future UK leaders of a global low carbon economy.
Clean and Cool Mission 2012 will find and take 20 of the most dynamic UK cleantech companies ready to do business in the US to Silicon Valley from 24th to 31st March 2012.
The Mission will help accelerate their ability to grow through the US market by providing unparalleled insights, connections and opportunities.
A week-long agenda – timed to coincide with Cleantech Group’s Global Forum – includes meetings with investors, potential customers and partners, media and peers on the West Coast.
The Mission is organised in partnership between Technology Strategy Board, UKTI, private sector sponsors, The Co-Sponsorship Agency and The Long Run Venture. Clean and Cool Mission 2012 will be the fifth Mission of its type in the last four years.
The Mission alumni have collectively raised over $180m in private finance post Mission, and over 20% have gone on set up a US subsidiary. Clean and Cool Mission 2010 alumni includes Amee, PassivSystems and Modcell.
“Many thanks indeed for a great Mission to San Francisco! It has been a great success for Modcell. The connections made within the Mission with other participants (I think we will work with at least five others as a result of this trip) and also the contacts we have made over here in the US will no doubt prove invaluable once we bring our operations to San Francisco come September. The organisation was excellent, the tone and pace great and the mix between work and play perfect!”
Miles Ford, Business Manager, ModCell (Previous Winner)
- Greater energy efficiency will lead to more consumption, not less in US (via @SmartGridNews) – ow.ly/lJIrH 4 hours ago
- New Outpost: Energy harvesting next big thing for smart grid #cleancolorado (via @EnergyCollectiv) – ow.ly/lJIrF 1 day ago
- Just a couple of hours left to register for key insights on #cleanbrazil ow.ly/m8mqD 1 day ago
- Morning! You still have a few hours to register for our key insights webinar – for #cleancolorado ow.ly/m8mip 1 day ago
- Today you can get the inside track on #cleancolorado & #cleanbrazil – we’re hosting a double webinar – ow.ly/kYpGP 1 day ago